5.15.2009

Good Karma

Late one night, last December my phone rang. It was the business line and I was tired, it was cold and dark and I wasn't sure I had the energy to meet anyone's needs but my own. But I picked up the phone to greet a woman who was looking for a yarn store, she need to quickly buy a holiday gift and as I said, it was getting late.
 
I explained that we weren't a store but a farm and sold our yarns online. But since I was sitting at my computer I offered to help her locate a shop near her zipcode. I did find a LYS for her, but she was intrigued to discover that she had stumbled upon a sheep farm that sells wool and wanted to learn more about us. It wasn't until the end of the conversation that I learned she was from MPR. I guess reporters need fiber too!

She came out to our farm on shearing day and posted her report today.  I am proud of my sheep, my farm and my family, but I am really thrilled to be able to share with so many others. A shiny star from a deep December evening.

1 comment:

Terri said...

How wonderful! and free advertising, too! Congratulations.